Saturday 28 September 2024

The Story Behind the Story with Sally Cronin of Southern Ireland.

 


Another treat for you this week on the Scribbler. 

Sally is back to tell us about her memoir.

 


Sally has been an ardent supporter of her fellow authors and writers. On her popular website, she shares music, reviews, nutritional tips, humour, excerpts, books, author interviews and more!

She has been a welcome guest previously.

Take a peek HERE.


Read on my friends.



 

Sally Cronin is the author of eighteen books including her memoir Size Matters: Especially when you weigh 330lb first published in 2001 which followed her weight loss of 150lbs and the program she designed to achieve a healthy weight and regain her health. A programme she shared with her clients over her 26 year career as a nutritional therapist and on her blog. This has been followed by another seventeen books both fiction and non-fiction including multi-genre collections of short stories and poetry.

As an author she understands how important it is to have support in marketing books and offers a number of FREE promotional opportunities in the Café and Bookstore on her blog and across her social media.

After leading a nomadic existence exploring the world, she now lives with her husband on the coast of Southern Ireland enjoying the seasonal fluctuations in the temperature of the rain.

 

 

 

Title: Size Always Matters: Don’t be part of a statistic, start losing weight today.




Synopsis:

At age 41 in 1994 and weighing 330 lbs, Sally Cronin had two choices when she was told that she was unlikely to live to 45. Carry on eating or get her act together. She chose to study nutrition and change the way she approached the food she ate and her other lifestyle choices.

Her first book, Size Matters, told the story of her weight loss of 154 lbs and shared the programme she designed to both lose the weight and regain her health. Now, thirty years on from the start of that journey, having worked as a nutritional therapist with hundreds of clients as well as acting as a health consultant on radio for several years and on her blog, she shares an updated version of the programme. This also includes the nutrients we require to be healthy and recipes to provide our bodies with them effectively.



 

The Story Behind the Story:

Having followed many diets over my teens and 20s and 30s I reached 330lbs and was in very poor health. I decided I needed to discover more about both my body and my relation to food which led me to design a program which led to me losing 150lbs in 18 months healthily. I studied both medicine and nutrition and then qualified as a nutritional therapist, working with hundreds of clients over the last 26 years and working as a consultant in the media.

Size Always Matters brings both my own experience, my research and work with others together in a program that anyone can follow. It is not a get slim quick approach but one that lasts a lifetime.



Website: Please go
HERE.




A question before you go, Sally:

Scribbler: What is the ideal spot for you when you write your stories? Music in the background or quiet. Coffee or tequila? Messy or neat?


Sally: I usually create stories, posts and books in my head first when walking and then sit down at my desktop to put it down in writing. I prefer quiet when working, I prefer tea and I would say I am semi-messy but know where everything is.



An Excerpt from Size Always Matters

Stop thinking like a fat person and start thinking like a slim one.

Start thinking and voicing the ‘when’, not ‘if’, you lose weight. Also there is a six letter word which is your nemesis…‘Should’. We use it blatantly when we want to avoid doing anything. I should lose weight, I should stop smoking, I should save money! Very wishy-washy and not going to get you over the finish line. Start using the word ‘MUST’ instead. Put some muscle behind it and get it done.

Also, stop eating for the size you are. I cannot count the number of times I was told ‘take two you’re a big girl’ or ‘have a second helping you need all the energy you can get’…. No. Actually you need to eat for the person you are going to become, not the one you have become!

 

Thanks very much Allan for having me as a guest today, it is much appreciated.




It’s our pleasure to have you back again, Sally. Thank you for being the featured guest this week. We wish you continued success with your writing.



And a Gigantic Thank You to all our visitors and readers.


Feel free to leave a comment.
We’d love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. Sally is a fabulous writer, blogger and supporter of other writers. Nice to see her featured here. Thanks! Darlene Foster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for all the support Darlene.. ♥

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Allan for your kind hospitality and I do appreciate the support.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.